This article is from our Most Popular stories file.In interior Best Place to Buy Cabinets online design, it’s important to think big: After all, in some projects you can’t get everything you want, but you should set the bar high to achieve a great result. But in your dream kitchen, you can have it all — and more. Here I’ve compiled my top 11 must-have design features for a dream kitchen. Some are extravagant, some are just downright practical and all are worth considering as designer touches you might want to include in your next kitchen renovation — even if for now it’s only in your dreams. "1. Quartz counters. Quartz is a designer’s dream to work with for many reasons. It’s made using actual stone, so it echoes the natural appeal of materials such as granite or marble. But it is also processed and manufactured in ways that make it strong, nonporous and color-customizable to create many different looks with good color Best Place to Buy Cabinets online predictability (as opposed to a stone slab, which can contain more unexpected surprises compared with the sample).
2. Custom cabinets. Of course, those beautiful counters will need something on which to rest, so I might as well toss in some sleek custom cabinetry.
Second, custom cabinets can achieve looks that stock cabinets can’t, especially when integrated with other features such as a banquette seat or kitchen island. This is especially important when going for a sought-after transitional style, where cabinets are desired to be Best Place to Buy Cabinets online seamless but not ultraminimalist.
3. A (true) counter-depth fridge. If you’ve gone to the trouble of getting sharply tailored cabinetry, it would be a shame to ruin the lines with a bulky fridge. (Oversized fridges often end up filled with unnecessary food clutter anyway.)
4. Deep sink. While a fridge can sometimes be too big, I’m not sure the same can be said about a kitchen sink. Typical sinks are often around 8 inches deep, but a sink that Best Place to Buy Cabinets online is 10 inches deep or more (especially a wide one) makes for luxurious ease of use.
A little extra depth is even helpful for tighter sinks, such as those at a bar, prep counter or butler’s pantry, as it helps avoid splash back when rinsing vegetables or pouring out liquid.
5. Touch-activated faucets. With a sharp, deep sink, let’s make it even easier to use by adding a touch-activated faucet. These smart devices aren’t just for minimalist Best Place to Buy Cabinets online tech-head homes. They come in a range of styles to suit even more traditional or transitional kitchens.
6. Drawer dishwashers. Besides looking smart, a drawer dishwasher opens up new intelligent functions.
7. Hidden range hood. I was tempted to include a bold, show-stopper range hood in my perfect kitchen, but I also love one that disappears into custom cabinets, as shown here. Ultimately, I realized that there is no middle ground: The best hoods are either a commanding focal point or quietly hide away to allow other features to speak uninterrupted.Haefele Design8. Steam-convection oven. Looking to upgrade your cooking? Convection ovens increase the effectiveness of a typical oven by circulating the Best Place to Buy Cabinets online hot air inside to cook more evenly, making this a modern cooking essential. But newer technology takes that concept one step further with steam-convection combination ovens that some say result in better texture and nutrition.
9. Pro-style gas range. Steam-convection ovens may be high-tech, but when it comes to the range-top, nothing beats the look and power of chef’s-kitchen-style burners. Classic red knobs give a punch of color, and the exposed burners on this style of gas range say “ready to cook.”WoodHart Interiors & Design, LLC10. Deep drawers. This is nothing new, but that doesn’t keep it from being in my dream kitchen. Trading out the usual lower cabinets for deep drawers (one or two per traditional cabinet box) gives you easy reach-in access for anything from a large pot to stacks of dinnerware.Cabinet InnovationsTo improve organization even further, drawer divider systems can break the interior into perfectly sized compartments Best Place to Buy Cabinets online so everything has its place. Plus, they can be adjusted later if needs change.
11. Slab backsplash. I thought I had everything I wanted for my dream kitchen with the deep drawers, but then I realized it had to end right back where it started: with a beautiful statement-making stone."